About the Course
Digital book in Nursing Foundations is a complete and thorough explanation of the content with images and videos. It is mainly used as faculty aid as well as supplementary/remedial education. It is designed to help students to develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, theories and process of nursing in various supervised clinical settings.
- It is designed in a two column format with brief notes, alongside an extensive range of carefully constituted exhibit portfolio comprising of pictures, charts, line diagrams, procedures, slides and animations.
- Periodic updates or upgrades and enhancements are done through the subscription period.
- At the end of every lecture there are questions to support self assessment in respect to the well defined essential competencies.
- The digital book covers the concepts of health, illness, scope of nursing, health care agencies and code of ethics and professional conduct for nurses
- It focuses on admission and discharge procedures, communication and the importance of patient teaching
- It covers steps of nursing process, recording and reporting, process of health assessment and describes basic psychological and physiological needs of the patient
- It is a comprehensive coverage of meeting needs of patient, maintaining vital signs, administration of medications, infection control and biomedical waste management
- It also covers pre and post operative care of the patient, wound care, care of the terminally ill patient and theoretical concepts of nursing