About the Course:
Digital book in Mental health nursing is a complete and thorough explanation of the content with images and videos. It is mainly used as faculty aid as well as supplementary/remedial education. It is designed for developing an understanding of the modern approach to mental health, identification, prevention and nursing management of common mental health problems with special emphasis on therapeutic interventions for individuals, family and community.
- It is designed in a two column format with brief notes, alongside an extensive range of carefully constituted exhibit portfolio comprising of pictures, charts, line diagrams, procedures, slides and animations.
- Periodic updates or upgrades and enhancements are done through the subscription period.
- At the end of every lecture there are questions to support self assessment in respect to the well defined essential competencies.
- The digital book covers the historical development and current trends, epidemiology of mental health problems, national mental health Act, programmes and mental health policy
- It focuses on the scope of normal and abnormal behaviour, classification of mental disorders and psycho dynamics of maladaptive behaviour
- It is a comprehensive coverage of etiological factors, psychopathology and management of mental disorders, organic brain disorders, schizophrenia, psychotic, mood, neurotic, stress related and somatization, substance use, personality, sexual and eating disorders
- It also covers conceptual models of mental health nursing, therapeutic communication techniques, therapeutic relationship, treatment modalities and therapies used in mental disorders and role of the nurse